Sales Assistant - Decathlon
Salary: £6.83/h - £9.50/h
Location: Livingston - EH54 6FQ
Sport: Any Sport
Contracted Hours: 15-24
Number Of Openings: 1
LOVE SPORT? CUSTOMER FOCUSED? LOOKING FOR A RETAIL CAREER WITH A DIFFERENCE?
IF YES, THIS COULD BE THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU!
As a Sales Assistant, (or Sports Advisor, as we call it) your role is to ensure all customers leave our stores ‘satisfied or satisfied’. From a friendly and professional welcome through to a quick and easy payment process, your role is to always deliver a 5 star shopping experience. Decathlon heavily invests in the development of teammates so that those who want to build careers within the business are able to flourish within their roles. Whether you’re a student looking for a part-time role, or perhaps someone looking for a complete career change, Decathlon can cater for all.
What will you benefit from?
- Career progression - At Decathlon, you choose your own career path, whether you aspire to become our next customer service manager or our next CEO - your opportunities for progression are endless!
- Profit sharing scheme - We’re one big international family who exclusively shares the profit we make with our employees.
- We play sport together and have regular team socials!
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- Permanent contracts with fair pay - We don’t believe in zero-hour contracts.
- Cycle to work scheme - 25% discount on a bike of your choice.
- 30% staff discount on our Decathlon products.
- Customer Service - Through your own passion for sport, you’ll share your tips and experiences with users and through our hands-on product training you will be able to give the best technical advice for the sports you are responsible for. Decathlon has shifted over the last year into an omnichannel business so it’s essential that our sales assistants are able to assist customers in all aspects of retail shopping, whether that’s in store or online!
- Merchandising - Whether full time or part time, every Sales Assistant is encouraged to take responsibility to autonomously manage stock levels and pricing and to provide a high level of merchandising so that each customer can easily find the right product for their sporting practice.
- Team Player - You will be part of a shop floor team of like-minded Sales Assistants, practicing sport and celebrating victories together, so it’s important that you are able to work well within a team environment as well as independently.
Sound good so far? If so, here's the type of person we're looking for…
Who Are You?
- Someone looking to combine a passion for sport with work.
- A people person who is prepared to go the extra mile.
- Someone looking for a retail career with a difference
- Problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Able to play as part of the team during the busiest times (weekends and holidays).
As a Sales Assistant you will be required to work usual retail hours including evenings and weekends. The role will be shop-floor based with full Covid-19 safety regulations and precautions in place. The safety of our teammates and customers is our main priority during these times. In order to be guaranteed an interview, you must first complete a Skills Boost. This compromises of 4 half days and will cover basics for working in retail. Please register for the Skills Boost using this link Decathlon Skills Boost (west-lothian.ac.uk)