Student support team
Our Student Support team are here to help you with all aspects of college life and give you both practical and emotional support.
They work throughout the academic year and during the summer. Some of the services provided include:
- Conversations about dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism or any other specific learning difficulty
- Discussions with care experienced students/ applicants or young carers to let them know what additional support they can access
- Meeting with students/ applicants to carry out needs assessments and create a support plan
- Working with lecturers to plan support for students/ applicants
- Helping students/ applicants studying/ applying for a course at H.E level apply for Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) applications
- Discussing support with students/ applicants who have anxiety, or difficulties with their mental health
- Responding to any other enquiries which relate to support, concerns or worries a student might have
- Support if you are at at risk of withdrawing from your course. This could be due to problems in class, with other students, with lecturers or because of difficulties at home.
- Help to settle in to the College if you are new
- Support around homelessness, bereavement, changes to your mental or physical health, and issues with your confidence and self-esteem.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any help, support, guidance or even just a chat.
Or pop in to see them, on the second floor of No.1 on the Square (main building).