NHS Lothian Volunteering Opportunities Available
Are you interested in volunteering within the healthcare sector? Do you have a passion for helping others?
NHS Lothian has a number of volunteering opportunities available.
Please find, detailed information below on the types of roles that are available in NHS Lothian and how to apply. Roles are currently available in St John’s Hospital, Livingston, St Michaels Hospital in Linlithgow and other smaller hospital units, Tippethill in Armadale and Maple Villa in Craigshill.
Various volunteer roles:
- Meet and Greet volunteer
- Out Patient Department volunteer
- Ward Helper volunteer (ideal for students studying Social services and Healthcare)
- Meaningful Activity volunteer (ideal for students studying Social services and Healthcare)
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THESE ROLES, CLICK ON THE INDIVIDUAL PAGES WITHIN THE VOLUNTEERING SECTION.
WE ADVISE YOU ALSO WATCH THE UPLOADED VIDEO OF NHS LOTHIAN AS IT ALSO PROVIDES MORE CLARITY OF ROLES AND SHOWS HOW VOLUNTEERING HAS MADE AN IMPACT ON OTHERS.
We require volunteers to commit to at least 2 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months to ensure a commitment to the role, the hospital staff and to NHS Lothian.
The stages are as follows:
- Complete application form, health declaration form and Covid 19 Age Test assessment
- Invited to take part in an informal video/phone interview
- To attend a virtual Induction (approx 5-6 hours: 1.5 hours x 3 days) This is via Zoom or Microsoft Teams
- PVG/Disclosure Scotland application (this may not be required for all roles)
- Issued with uniform, role description, expenses form and ID badge
- Complete and sign Volunteer and Confidentiality agreements
- Set start date with introduction to staff and local Induction in ward or Department.
For additional information on available volunteering roles and how to apply, please visit NHS Lothian's website at: https://www.nhslothian.scot/GetInvolved/Volunteering/Pages/default.aspx
Ready to apply? Download the application form or request one by emailing: email@example.com